Date of Announcement: September 12, 2022
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Status: Full-time, Year-Round with benefits.
Reports To: Snake River Fund Board of Directors
The Snake River Fund (Fund) is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation based in Jackson, Wyoming. The Snake River Fund’s mission is to promote stewardship of and public access to the Snake River watershed in Wyoming. The Fund partners with government agencies, stakeholders, and organizations to promote and sustain access and infrastructure in the river corridor, support stewardship and conservation efforts, and provide river-related educational opportunities for both children and adults. The Snake River Fund seeks a balance of use and protection and strives to be non-partisan and solution based.
The Snake River Fund seeks a community leader with a minimum of three years of nonprofit management experience to work with the Board of Directors to achieve the mission and vision of the organization. The Executive Director (ED) is the Snake River Fund’s lead spokesperson, manager, and fundraiser. The ED is responsible for executing strategic organizational plans, developing complimentary and collaborative partnerships, initiating programs that advance the mission, and securing the resources needed for success. The ED works to support the vision of the Board and directs and supervises staff and contractors. The successful ED candidate will bring energy and creativity to this well-established organization.
Primary Executive Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the primary spokesperson of the Fund in the community
- Assists and advises the Board of Directors in development of strategic goals and objectives
- Establishes and nurtures working partnerships and collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Represents Snake River Fund to legislative bodies and other governmental partners
- Develops and implements a communications plan to ensure Fund recognition within the community
Fundraising and Financial management
- Develops a recommended annual budget for the Board’s consideration and approval
- Identifies funding streams and works with the Board to meet fundraising targets/needs
- Provide the Board with regular financial reports
- Establish and nurture relationships with existing and new donors
Operations and Administration
- Oversee the efficient day-to-day operation of the Fund
- Develops and implements a programming plan (including appropriate staff/contractors)
- Ensure that personnel and donor files are current and confidentiality is maintained
- Leads or delegates the organization’s administrative duties
- Determine staffing needs subject to approval by the board
- Hire, orient, train, and manage staff
- Oversee all staff activities
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new Board members
- Support the Board and board meetings with timely delivery of pre-meeting Board packet
- Regular communications with the Board regarding organization activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in nonprofit conservation work or similar field
- Demonstrated leadership, management, financial planning, and fundraising skills
- Experience with river conservation issues, and a passion for protecting rivers and river-based recreation
- Knowledge of local politics and policies that are related to the Fund’s mission
- Knowledge of donor base and prospective donors
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Competency with technology
- Experience with communications, marketing, and public relations.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid (remote/office) setting
- Competent river running experience
- Wilderness First Responder and Swiftwater Rescue certifications desired
- Salary and benefits are determined by the Board of Directors on an annual basis.
- Salary Hiring Range: $52,000-$65,000 DOE
- Medical Benefits: Employer paid Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming – Gold Core Plan premium
- Paid Time Off: 8 Standard Paid Holidays, 10 Vacation Days
To Apply: Please submit your application materials including a letter of interest, resume, and three (3) professional references to email@example.com with the subject line of 2022 Executive Director Application_Your Name. Applications should be submitted by September 30, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Background Check: The successful candidate may be asked to complete a pre-employment background check.